Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Best Fake Meat!

Okay, I'm not declaring myself a vegetarian - at least yet. Once a month, to cease the crazy statements from my parents (ie: "we are made to eat meat!" "you are depriving yourself" etc....) I quietly eat what's in front of me. The only insistence that I make is that it's kosher, and they've been good with that.

At any rate - enough with the labels thing, what I really wanted to talk about is how amazing Red Bamboo on W 4th Street is. Now, some of you meat eaters out there are probably really skeptical about fake meat. In all honesty, sure the "chicken" satay doesn't taste like "real" chicken, but it's better - when I was finished, I wanted more! It was soooooo hard to decide what to eat - so much fake chicken - you could have it jerked, cajun style, even parm! The fake beef dishes also looked amazing - my boyfriend had "voodoo sticks" which was fake steak on skewers, and my friend had a HUGE "steak" salad. I was eyeing the desserts, so me & Marc (that's the boyfriend) decided to share a vegan oreo cheesecake. We were, in fact a little skeptical about this, but were totally in heaven - words cannot describe how much heaven was in every bite. They are opening another restaurant in Fort Greene soon - another reason why I'm anxiously awaiting my move to Brooklyn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home