Thursday, February 02, 2006

"Adults Don't Understand Emo!" WTF
Ahhhhh, disaffected youth isn't what it was when I was in high school. Actually, it totally is.

Take a look at this posting on Phatgnat - http://www.phatgnat.com/log/2006/February/01/448/
The "why do they wear black all the time" thing was questioned to me when I was a teen, cherishing my beloved Smiths records, and scribbling on my notebook "I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside." So, emo is not a new thing at all. It's just the style of music associated with teens clad in black has changed - we were the new wavers who listened to that "strange" music that was beyond our elders' comprehension. I think there's always a clique in high school that is dedicated to those who are artsy and wear black. What's old is new again - everything is recycled. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home