Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Le Chateau Blanc

Valentine's At White Castle Is A Steamy Affair

A couple of months ago, I was in Bayside and saw a sign at White Castle - "now taking reservations for Valentine's Day." I was thinking of blogging about this then, but I guess the thought was so ridiculous that I erased it from my mind.

Imagine if you will, your loved one telling you that you are going to have a romantic candlelit dinner for two, the reservations are set, only to arrive at White Castle. I'd laugh and think it's kitschy, but part of me would wonder if my stomach would survive the night. You know, they don't call 'em belly bombers for nothing. Of course, there are some die-hard Cravers out there who make this a tradition and take their White Castle very, very seriously.

When I realized that the Valentine's Day promotion is a 16 year old tradition for participating White Castles across the country, I was intrigued to learn more - and realized this is serious business. One White Castle manager started the promotion because V-Day is one of the slowest days of the years and was a way to poke fun at a holiday dedicated to love.

But the die-hards feel this is the perfect place to share the love. As a matter of fact, many couples tied the knot or proposed at White Castles across the country, arriving by limo (and not for the drive thru). Ahhhh - who knew such love could come out of a little steam, and a whole lot of cholesterol?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home