Sunday, May 07, 2006

Changing The Face of Mom's Day


Mother's Day I
Originally uploaded by k1rsty.
Alrighty, so you noticed from my prior post that gift giving on Mother's Day has changed just a wee bit, but an article today shows that the cards that we give have also changed culturally with the times.

If you go into any greeting card store right now, you'll see the massive selection. From ethnic inspired cards (Latina moms, African American moms) to Moms to Be, and even cards to Pet Mommies, you can get a little overwhelmed. Today's mother is a total Superwoman, multitasking from the boardroom to soccer practice to being the housekeeper.

Now, it is very common to give your pregnant friends or family members cards on Mother's Day, as it seems like for the past couple of years, baby has been on the mind for many celebrities.

I guess I need to head over to the card store this week and get my stash before all the good ones are gone - right now the count stands at 5...the card industry must love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home