Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What Happened to 99 Bottles of Beer on The Wall?


200600281
Originally uploaded by bradmohr.
Every summer when I was growing up, my Dad would pack us all in the car and we'd go to some state park upstate. I liked watching the scenery pass me by - totally loved seeing new things. Sure, we'd talk and listen to the radio, and when I became a teenager, I brought along my Walkman to provide the soundtrack to the landscape.

I never thought the day would come where we'd have "in-car entertainment" and the ability to watch movies on road trips. With road trip season on the verge of beginning, it looks like 70% of parents will be bringing along DVDs to pass the time and to pacify cranky young'ins. A Blockbuster poll stated that watching movies on the road was second only to listening to music & traditional road trip activities like car games, singing and reading took a backseat. Even video games didn't come in close (just wait - with the slew of new portable systems that recently launched this is guaranteed to become a big road trip activity). I guess that now, people don't really care so much about travelling as they do the final destination. Getting there has become a chore that we need to be entertained in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home