Friday, February 24, 2006

Forever 917

I've always been a 917. I'm a native New Yorker, and my cell phone number has been with me throughout 3 moves. I love my number - if you have it, you'll know why; it almost sounds like a limerick. I will never let it go.

Area codes are a status symbol. If you're in New York, like me - you are a 917 or perhaps 646. The more unfortunate New Yorkers are stuck with the 347 prefix. According to last Sunday's article in the Times, area codes are much more than the prefix to your phone number - they are a part of your identity and I agree with this. I've been at many networking events where people will trade cards and squeal when they find out that they just met someone with similar digits. It makes the world just a little bit smaller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home